Sunday, December 23, 2012

DecDaily - swirly twirly gum drops


 More December Daily pages today.  Happy mail, travel, candy, gingerbread houses and getting holiday gifts and cards together.

 First off I had to use this fabulous KP december stamp.  It is just so awesome and I don't even know why.  I used red patterned paper, silver glitter tape and black ink. Love the mixed media look of just using one sheet of paper with holes in it.  I should try this in PL more often, but I rarely do inserts.

This page flips open to a full photo of Avinash decorating the gingerbread house.  I added the title with thick chipboard letters and white foam thickers.  Lots of red labels for journaling.

I embossed a wooden tree with gold glitter (over the stove because I'm at home and didn't feel like carrying my heat gun).  The little ones are just dipped in gold ink. 

 I put a Starbucks bag to work on the back.  The squirrels seemed topical.  Avinash helped me put together a lot of our holiday gifts for his teachers and people that work in our apartment and even helped me distribute them.  Textured red MS label, gold ornament chipboard and gold glitter numbers.  Love the gold on gold look.

Another insert about our hectic weekdays, packing, traveling and a last minute piece of happy mail that arrived minutes before we left for the airport.  The background is a Hambly transparency (map of Paris).
I snipped part of the package, love the saying on it!  I stamped across a shipping tag on the bottom (with the Ali E holiday stamp), and added a silver snowflake. 
The airmail sticker is from a cute set I picked up at Anthropolgie.  I love so much of the stationery there I can't resist picking some up every once in a while (interested in some of my pieces? I have a sampler set of my stationery collection for sale in my shop.)

And, finally a page I made with OSD printables from Roadside Designs.  Love these great journaling cards.  A few more Crate chipboards. The tinsel ribbon is a great find from the Target Dollar Spot. 

5 comments:

  1. I am totally in love with you DD - it is simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the gingerbread house page that covers two pages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DD :) Definite favorite is the two-page Gingerbread House layout - very cool idea on the journaling of it! Happy Holidays to you and your family <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so nice! I really love the use of the photo spreading the two pages and love your fun $1 Target tinsel too! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty pages love the Starbucks bag :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...